Friday 24 July 2015

Veganism



Ok, so I'm planning on starting a little experiment very soon..
After having integrated the vegetarian lifestyle for about 6 years now I actually think it is time to conquer new frontiers. I feel like after all these years of eating veggie, I've just become too convenient in my eating habits - and admittedly they are still not always healthy - that it's time for a change. 
I decided to go vegan because, well, vegan food is very healthy and sooo delicious! 
– also a little out of curiosity..  
I don't know how hard it will be for me to eat vegan only and for how long I will be able to keep up with a vegan diet - I also wanna watch the effects it will have on my health so I'm intending on starting a little experiment of only eating vegan for the whole month of August. 
By the end of August I will then post another follow-up post on my experiences with veganism. 
My expectations however so far are pretty positive. I know it won't be easy for me though, especially since I tend to be quite a yoghurt- and chocolate-addict so I think dairy products will definitely be the hardest to cut out of my daily diet but I will have to find the soya replacements and honestly some of them aren't even that bad.
For information, tips and food for thought I visited vegansociety.com , a website all about veganism. I especially liked their page to why go vegan? where they are stating some interesting information about the benefits of going vegan, so check it out if you're also interested in trying out the vegan lifestyle!
I think this is going to be very interesting and I'm actually intending on including some of my favorite vegan recipes by the end of August, too.
I'm glad I now have something to look forward to for the beginning of next month. :)


Are you vegan or have you ever tried being vegan for a while? 
What were your experiences? 

P.S. I'm going to be in Switzerland from tomorrow until the 2nd or 3rd of August so I'm uploading this a little early but I'm still trying to stay as active as I can on here during this time. 

xx ♡ Micky
SHARE:

37 comments

  1. Good luck on going vegan! I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to go vegan, I'm already celic/gluten free and that enough for me for now ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you & really that's not bad either! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow great post, looks delicious thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'd be happy to do that :)

      Delete
  3. look delicious :)

    Pls follow me back :)
    http://majaanchevska.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fantastic.I can't wait to read your next post about it!
    I'm vegan myself although it's very hard living with everyone else that aren't. I didn't eat meat for weeks.. neither chicken although i did eat fish. I'm slowly getting there. I didn't cut down the diary products. haha this is going to be my own kind of vegan. But I feel great, I'm loving it.
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yeah, at least you're vegetarian! :) I didn't find such a big difference living vegan so far though except from the egg and milk stuff that's basically in almost everything we eat nowadays..

      Delete
  5. These photos are making me mouth water! It looks tasty o.o

    <3

    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah, hope it goes well for you! I'm thinking about doing something like this in the future, but it'll be pretty difficult :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a challenge! but it's kinda fun to see how it will go at the same time for me! :)

      Delete
  7. Good luck~! I've been cooking vegetarian at home recently and I have tried a few vegan recipes out too <33

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with veganism! We are both meat-eaters but definitely would love to transition or at least try and veggie/vegan diet - this looks yummy :)
    Feel free to check out our newest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/ootd-portobello-road.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally think vegetarian is enough really, but you could give vegan a try, too of course :) There are so many great animal substitutes nowadays!

      Delete
  9. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm really curious how it'll go :) Have fun in Switzerland! xx Maja
    ❤ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! I think I'll try the vegetarian lifestyle ! ^^

    xoxo, Syarah
    Preciouzme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegetarian is really not too hard, I promise! :) And you'll feel more healthy after a while! Good luck, to you too! :)

      Delete
  11. Good luck!! Taking this challenge will make you stronger at the end so do your best!! ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with veganism!!
    It looks so delicious♡♡

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck - I can't wait to hear how you get on :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  14. That salad looks so nice it made me hungry:( but anyway good luck with being vegetarian! I used to be vegetarian, a few times actually. The first few weeks was a trial, then I got absolutely disgusted with meat and didn't eat any kind of meat for 6 months... But then I got drunk I fancied a hot dog haha! I really hope you will get on with it better than I did!:)

    KLAUDIA CLARA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Vegetarianism as well as veganism is just something you have to get used to I believe. If you stay strong to keep it for long enough you'll notice your cravings will vanish :)

      Delete
  15. Good luck with going Vegan! I could never do it! I tried to go vegetarian a few times, but I've just settled with just not eating any red meat :) Can't wait to hear about your experiences in the future!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, not eating any red meat is a good start already! :) I know some people who went with eating only chicken and fish their whole lives and they're amazingly healthy!

      Delete
  16. I'm vegan and I can tell you that is the best thing ever, as you said before the food is delicious, is really healthy and fresh, you also will notice your skin shiner! I wish you the best on this new journey!
    Greetings from Colombia
    Mushroom Rain Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! :) I'll pay more attention to the changes of my skin then!

      Delete
  17. great post! very inspirational! best of luck on your vegan diet :)

    xx Jamie| Love Peace and Shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you- I still eat meat although very small portions of it. I am excited to hear about your results! I think it would be hard but done the right way-very rewarding :)
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying my best right now :)

      Delete
  19. I've tried to be a vegetarian before, tho it's a bit hard to continue tbh... But I still eat healthy and organic food, hope you enjoy your new diet! :D x

    Stylekooky.me (Check out the Giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, too! I'm personally already so used to my vegetarian diet that I couldn't ever imagine eating meat again but I do see the challenge, especially if you like the taste of meat!
      I never did, but I like the taste of real dairy yoghurt, ugh, I miss it so much..

      Delete
  20. Wow, your blog is so pretty.

    I'm glad you wrote about veganism. A lot of people are scared by the thought of only eating fruits and vegetables, but you make it sound fun.

    Also, I noticed that we're both the same height. YAY! It's hard to find girls over 5'6" LOL.

    ReplyDelete

© Princess.From.Jupiter. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig